Lego® Serious Play® is a facilitated training, communication and problem-solving method, where participants are led through a series of questions, which go deeper and deeper. Each participant builds his or her own three-dimensional LEGO® model in response to the facilitator's questions using specially selected LEGO bricks. These 3D models serve as the basis for training, knowledge sharing, problem solving and decision-making.
Benefits of The Lego® Serious Play® Method:
- Produces more concrete ideas and results faster and better decisions.
- Common understanding and frame of reference more effective training for everyone.
- Deeper and broader areas of training.
- Engages each participant individually during the training.
- Grasp the big picture, see connections and explore various options and potential solutions Commitment from participants to the decisions made.
Why is The LEGO® Serious Play® Method Effective?
- LEGO bricks serve as a common language ensuring that everyone's knowledge and insights are surfaced.
- Focus on individual and not the group.
- Time for participants to build his/her answer and input before conversation and knowledge sharing begin.
- Uses 3D visualization, metaphor and stories.
- Stays on topic because the focus is on brick, not the person.
- Equal opportunities to express opinions, without domination from any participant Honest dialogue and collaborative communication.